World Wide Welfare:
semiconductor lasER for
Partner 4 - Institute of Communication and Computer Systems (ICCS)
Institute of Communication and Computer Systems (ICCS) is associated with the School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, of the National Technical University of Athens (NTUA).
ICCS from 1989 has been carrying research and development activities in the fields of all diverse aspects of Telecommunications and Computer Systems and their applications in Biomedical Engineering, Electrical Power Systems, Control Systems and Software and Hardware Engineering.
Biomedical Optics and Applied Biophysics Laboratory of ICCS - NTUA, headed by professor D. Yova, works in basic and applied research.
Its research has been and continues to be influential and attracts research institutes, universities, hospitals and providers, in the field of Bio-Photonics (medical lasers, PDT therapy and diagnosis, optical imaging, fluorescence spectroscopy, non-linear optical properties of biomolecules, optical biosensors).
The Laboratory has many publications in prestigious scientific journals and conferences and coordinates or takes part to National and European Projects.
PhDs and Master’s theses are awarded in the field of Biophotonics.
Activities in WWW.BRIGHT-EU
- ICCS’ contribution will be in Medical Applications of Lasers (WP6) and specifically a first task will be the development of animal skin tumor models.
- A second task will be the definition of pre-clinical protocols ant test procedures to perform photodynamic therapy by using diode lasers and Fosgel.
- A third task will be the development of computer vision system and software to assess PDT therapy.
- A fourth task will be the contribution to the evaluation of diode lasers systems for PDT.
- The fifth task will be the evaluation of the diode laser system for IPDT, in preclinical studies
For further information please contact: Professor Dido Yova (firstname.lastname@example.org), Tel: +30 210 7722283, Fax: +30-210-7723894